Online & Mobile Privacy Practices Notice
Effective Jan, 2020
This Online & Mobile Privacy Practice Notice (“Notice”) applies to the SprinJene online interface (i.e., website or mobile application). SprinJene (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates www.sprinjene.com (the “Site”).
This Notice describes how our site may collect, use and share information from or about you, and explains how information may be collected and used for advertising purposes.
This Notice applies to relationships established in the United States. Some SprinJene affiliates are licensed to do business in foreign jurisdictions. The websites of those affiliates have separate privacy policies which apply to their customers based upon the laws of the jurisdiction in which the affiliates are established.
Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Terms
Each time you use our Online Services, you are indicating your acknowledgment and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of information about you collected through our Online Services as set forth in this Notice. We may revise this Notice periodically without advance notice. We will let you know of any changes by posting a revised Notice on our website with a new effective date. If you do not accept the terms outlined in this Notice or any revised Notice, please do not use our Online Services.
Collecting and Using Information
Personal Information We Collect Online
SprinJene uses tools, such as cookies or clickstream auditing, to gather information for internal uses, such as Web analytics and to personalize your visit. We may collect Personally Identifiable Information, such as your name, mailing address, email address or telephone number, when you voluntarily provide it to us through forms on our website. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
We Obtain Personal Information from Others
Other Information We Collect Online
Other Information is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, other information provided by you such as your date of birth or household income, and aggregated and de-identified data.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers and/or through your device, such as your device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure Sites function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. We collect statistical information about the usage of the Site in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how customers and visitors use the Site and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Site. We also utilize cookies for advertising purposes.
- Click Stream Auditing: Click Stream Auditing includes information such as a web surfer's IP address, web pages which have been viewed or acted upon by a web surfer, date and time, domain type, and when a web surfer has responded to an advertisement. We may occasionally combine this information with individual information on an aggregate level to determine the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Behavioral Targeting: The third-party companies we use for online tracking have a network of advertising companies and may share anonymous information about your visits to sprinjene.com and other websites with us. This information may be used in order to provide ads related to goods and services which would be relevant to you, based on your browsing on sprinjene.com. From time to time, we may also share anonymous information with such third party companies in an aggregate form, for purposes of analysis and improvement of our Website.
- Geolocation Data: SprinJene does not access location data stored on your mobile device without your permission. Some features, such as our Finder application which locates the nearest SprinJene store and shows the best route to get there, will not fully function unless you have enabled access to your location data. You may be able to set your device to block access to location data stored on your device; refer to the user guide for your device.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, to personalize/tailor your experience while engagin with us online and offline, for compliance and security purposes, for advertising, and administering the Site.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data is data that we create or compile from various sources, including but not limited to accounts and purchasing transactions. This information, which does not identify individual customers, may be used for our business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
A cookie is a small text file containing a string of characters sent to your computer or device when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser.
Cookies may be used for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services.
Visit the Federal Trade Commission to learn more about how to limit tracking and online advertising through controlling cookies and other tracking technology that is attached to your browser.
Online Behavioral Advertising and Google Analytics Advertising Features
SprinJene advertises online (through our social media pages, and on other sites and mobile apps not affiliated with SprinJene). We use Google AdWords Remarketing and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to advertise SprinJene across the Internet, particularly on the Google Display Network. If you do not wish to see ads from SprinJene, you can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Settings.
We use Google Analytics to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement, and to gather broad demographic information, along with third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) for aggregate use for reporting purposes. This information is used to make improvements to our websites and to monitor the effectiveness of website changes.
Some common types of information collected include, but are not limited to, your internet protocol (IP) address; the browser type you’re using; the pages you view on the website; the type of device used to access our websites and mobile apps; the items you click within the website; the state or country from which you access the website; the date and time of your visit; the name of your internet service provider; and certain demographic information Google makes available such as age, gender along with the interests they express in their online browsing and purchasing activities. This data collection provides a statistical summary that cannot be tracked back to a specific individual.
For example, we can view the number of visitors to our site who use a certain type of Internet browser, but we are not able to determine which browser a specific visitor uses. Please keep in mind this statement refers to general website usage, and not for instance, SprinJene Online Purchasing Service.
AdWords Remarketing will show you ads based on your past interactions with SprinJene website by placing a cookie in your browser. This cookie does not in any way provide us with identifying information such as name, account numbers, social security numbers, or addresses nor does it give us access to your computer or mobile device. This cookie is used to indicate to other websites that you visited a page and would be responsive to ads relating to that page.
SprinJene maintains information on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. When you post information on SprinJene social media pages it will be subject to the privacy and security conditions of the social media site. When you log into SprinJene owned social media properties, we collect information about your activities on those properties. The information we review includes whether you visited or commented on a blog or provided a rating.
SprinJene mobile applications are not socially enabled and do not allow you to connect to and share information with a community of other users, such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, LinkedIn or the general public, such as YouTube.
SprinJene does not maintain a process which allows visitors to review and request changes to any of his or her personally identifiable information, including information that is collected using cookies or other tracking devices. If you believe that SprinJene records contain any incorrect information about you, please contact us using the customer service contact information provided on communications from us pertaining to the products and services you use. You may also contact your local store.
Retention and Destruction
SprinJene retains personally identifiable information for as long as necessary to provide the products and services for which the information was collected, to process and maintain a record of purchasing transactions, for legal processes or to satisfy government retention requirements. When the retention period expires, SprinJene destroys data that was maintained in any form in a manner that renders it completely unusable and incapable of restoration.
Third-Party Vendors and Links to Other Websites
We may place links to other websites or third-party vendors on our websites and social media pages. SprinJene has no control over any other website and is not responsible for the content on any sites other than our own. Users assume all responsibility when they go to other sites via the links on our websites and social media pages, and they accept the individual privacy policies of those sites or third party vendors.
Protecting children’s privacy online
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), as set forth by The Federal Trade Commission, prohibits unfair or deceptive acts or practices in connection with the collection, use, and/or disclosure of personal information from and about children on the Internet. SprinJene does not intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13 on any of our websites without prior consent from their parents or legal guardians. To learn more about COPPA, please visit https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/privacy-and-security/children%27s-privacy.
If you have questions regarding SprinJene's Online and Mobile Privacy Practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By entering your phone number in the checkout and initializing a purchase, subscribing via our subscription form or a keyword, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 10 a month. You acknowledge that consent is not a condition for any purchase.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you within any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply. For any questions please text HELP to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information. If you wish to opt out please follow the procedures above.”