The most common type of toothpaste is fluoride toothpaste. Because fluoride strengthens your teeth and prevents decay, dentists recommend it for children and adults unless someone has a known allergy to fluoride and infants and toddlers who are too small to spit and rinse out the toothpaste.
There are also toothpastes designed especially for tartar control. If the plaque on your teeth hardens, it turns into tartar. Tartar control toothpastes battle plaque and eliminate it before it can harden.
Sometimes, people have issues with teeth sensitivity. They are unable to eat or drink hot and cold foods without feeling pain or discomfort. Teeth sensitivity is usually due to weakened enamel and eroded enamel which exposes underlying dentine or roots. This is where toothpaste for sensitive teeth play an important role. The specialized toothpaste offers relief for the pain that comes with sensitivity issues and soothes inflamed gums. These toothpastes also come with added benefits For Whitening and cavity protection.
Finally, there are whitening toothpastes. Although they use different ingredients, they all have some whitening agent to make your teeth look whiter. The Abrasives present fight stains and successfully lighten the color of your teeth. Some whitening toothpastes also prevent tooth decay. One detail that you should be aware of is that no whitening toothpaste can replicate the effect of a teeth whitening procedure. No whitening toothpaste can live up to the dream of blindingly white teeth.
Diseases of teeth include Gingivitis, Bad breath, and Dental caries. Based on research, most brand-name commercial toothpastes contain a number of ingredients that are un-healthy for humans or the environment. Bleach and peroxide are commonly used as whitening agents in commercial toothpastes. But both bleach and peroxide can be an irritant to the mouth and skin in small doses, and are considered to be hazardous materials because they can cause severe chemical burns in large doses.
Commercial toothpaste ingredients also affect the environment. EDTA and formaldehyde are commonly used as preservatives in toothpaste, and many other cosmetics and personal care products. They are known to be environmental pollutants. Triclosan is used in toothpaste for bacteria and tartar control. The problem is that it can combine with other materials to create dioxins, which are dangerous pollutants. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is used as a detergent and helps make the foam in toothpaste. It is a known skin irritant and some people are very allergic to this chemical. SLS is believed to cause or aggravate canker sores in those prone to such irritations. A report published in the Journal of The American College of Toxicology in 1983 showed that concentrations as low as 0.5% could cause irritation and concentrations of 10-30% caused skin corrosion and severe irritation. One of the most common ways fluoride is made is by filtering airborne industrial waste given off by fertilizer producers.
Now would you want such chemicals to come in contact with you or your family on a regular basis?
Therefore the most obvious route to take was to start making a shift into using and developing natural and chemical free tooth pastes. There are currently many brands of herbal and natural tooth pastes in the market and many ingredients still being tested for research.
Here is a list of the natural ingredients present in popular and effective Natural tooth paste brand called SprinJene.
SprinJene Natural Toothpaste
Ingredients and their benefits:
- Black cumin seed (Nigella sativa): The chemical compound thymoquinone isolated from N. sativa seed oil blocks pancreatic cancer cell growth in vitro and kills the cells by enhancing the process of programmed cell death (apoptosis) acting as an HDAC inhibitor.
- Coconut oil: Helps lubricate oral surfaces to bring comfort to dry mouth sufferers and may help to prevent tooth decay after some enzyme digestion
- Zinc: Helps control the growth of bacteria, plaque and tartar thereby promoting healthy gums. ADA Approved
- Glycerin: Glycerin is a non-carcinogenic and a Non-GMO humectant that helps protect our formulas against bacteria growth and keep the product moist.
- Silica: Natural abrasives to assist stain removal
- The important active constituents are hydrolysable tannins, chebulagic acid, chebulinic acid and corilagin. Useful for hemorrhoids, dental caries, bleeding gums, ulcerated oral cavity. Its paste with water has purifying and healing capacity for wounds. It has wide antifungal and antibacterial activity.
- Xylitol and Stevia: They are both safe and natural non-cariogenic sweeteners. Stevia may help control blood sugar and Insulin levels. It may also help in lowering blood pressure. Xylitol helps promote saliva production and prevents tooth decay. It is also ADA approved.
- Acacia gum : A natural organic binder.
All of these properties along with being chemical free and having no side effects makes SprinJene toothpaste an ideal choice for you and your family.
Together, these ingredients may help to:
• Provide relief from dry mouth
• Help to control the growth of tartar
• Deliver long-lasting oral freshness
• Fight gingivitis (gum disease)
• Reduce gum inflammation
The fluoride range consists of the following variants:
- SprinJene Natural Cavity protection tooth paste: Anti-plaque, Anti-bacterial, suitable for everyday use.
- SprinJene Natural Sensitivity relief toothpaste, also available in a fluoride free option: For people who suffer from extreme Dentine Hypersensitivity.
- SprinJene Original Health boost tooth paste: For people who suffer from sensitivity of gums and teeth.
- SprinJene Original Fresh boost tooth paste: To combat Bad breath.
- SprinJene Original White boost toothpaste: To combat stains and help whiten the teeth.